New in box Van den Hul The Bay C5 Hybrid Analogue Interconnects 1m 2RCA-2RCA L/R-Channel (Stereo Pair)
Van Den Hul The Bay C5 Hybrid Interconnects.
Product of the Year Award: Van den Hul The BAY C5 HYBRID
The magazine’s comments:
The entry level interconnect market is a hard-fought arena with a lot of very good models to choose from, but choose you must and our favourite is this lovely red vdH. From top to bottom of the range it’s an impressive performer with good detail, giving insight into familiar recordings and making listening compulsive. Stereo imaging is excellent with great depth information and a cohesive all-round sound through the full dynamic range. It serves all types of music equally well and should be compatible with all manner of kit. The BAY is excellent value for money.
The Bay C5, 2 RCA to 2 RCA audio cable offers superb transmission qualities, low conductor capacitance, very high screening as well as high mechanical flexibility & durability. This cable features unique proprietary carbon technology, championed by van den Hul in their Linear Structured Carbon ® (LSC) hybrid configuration. It is a coaxial construction consisting of forty 0.12mm strands with a dense silver coating of LSC carbon insulated with polyethylene, commonly found in van den Huls more expensive cables. These layers dramatically improve transparency and imaging. By electrically bridging any metal crystal defects, a stable conductivity at the lowest signal levels is obtained. It also has a double screen of stranded braid over a LSC saturated layer to protect against RF noise. This is a very well built cable which delivers the performance of more expensive cables.
Due to the large success of our (discontinued) The PATCHBAY B5 in its use as a general purpose audio interconnect, we have introduced The BAY C5 HYBRID: The coaxial (unbalanced) HYBRID version of our balanced The PATCHBAY B5.
Low priced and exhibiting an excellent price-to-performance ratio The BAY C5 HYBRID has been specially designed for general purpose and car hi-fi interlink applications. The BAY C5 HYBRID however is also perfectly suited for internal (pre)amplifier and mixing console wiring applications and as an unbalanced patchbay interconnect.
The design combination of a superior transmission quality, a low conductor-conductor capacitance, a very high screening factor together with a high mechanical flexibility and a long durability, though not being easy to manage, successfully has been achieved.
The high quality conductor material used in this cable is large crystal OFC with a dense silver coating.
The BAY C5 HYBRID furthermore has been fully equipped with Linear Structured Carbon ® (LSC) saturated layers which are standard in our more expensive cable products. These layers dramatically improve transparancy and imaging; By electrically bridging any metal cystal defects a stable conductivity at the lowest signal levels is obtained.
Also the quality of the connectors makes a considerable contribution to a cable’s overall performance. The Bay C5 Hybrid comes fit with RCA type connectors of the same high quality as found with our up-range cables: Being non-magnetic, having Teflon internal insulation and being layer-plated with copper, silver and finally 24 carat gold, they provide a perfect and durable connection.
• Van Den Hul The Bay C5 2 RCA (phono) to 2 RCA (phono) stereo audio cable.
• Length 1 metre.
• Silver Coated High Grade Copper – The coaxial construction is made with a centre conductor consisting of 40 x 0.12 mm high-grade copper strands with dense silver coating, exhibiting an effective cross section area of 0.452 mm² (AWG 20.6) and a resistance of 3.8 Ohm/100 metre. This improves signal flow and prevents oxidation.
• Hybrid Design – Between the centre conductor and the PE foam insulation, an extra layer of Linear Structured Carbon (L.S.C) is applied by electrical bridging and absorption of radiated energy. The dense polyethylene foam insulation between the core and the screen prevents penetration of any polluted air into the cable. Around the PE insulation, a further layer of L.S.C dramatically improves the signal quality by absorbing radiated energy from the screen to the core.The cable capacitance is 110 pF/m.
• The double screen is made of a 16 x 6 x 0.12 mm stranded braid underneath a Linear Structured Carbon ® saturated layer to further close the cable against HF signals.
• The total resistance of the screen is 1.6 Ohm/100 metre.
• The external 5.2 mm. diameter jacket is made of red coloured HULLIFLEX ® , a PVC and Halogen free material. This jacket results in improved flexibility, better protection against chemical pollutants and improved sound quality.
• HULLIFLEX ® gives The BAY C5 HYBRID a very long life span without any ageing effects.
• 24 Carat Gold Plated Connectors – made from dense copper with a silver and 24 carat gold coated centre pin and ground rings improve signal transmission.
• Made in the Netherlands
WHAT THIS CABLE IS USED FOR
• CD player
• DVD player
• Audio Component
Van den Hul 2 YEARS WARRANTY
We are an authorized VDH Cables dealership, so you can be assured of new and genuine products, covered by a full manufacturers warranty.
*Available in 1.0m lenghts*
*We send all item/s within 1-2 days*
Please have a look at our other items, Any questions please contact with us.Thanks for looking.
There are no reviews yet.