Black Rhodium Samba Speaker Jumper Cables 4x 20cm (Set for two speakers)
• Cables are high pressure crimped of professional crimping tool AIRLOC HIGH PERFORMANCE TERMINATION (for maximum contact surface area).
• Terminated High Quality Copper 24 gold-plated AIRLOC 4mm SIGMA Banana spring loaded plugs, other end universal 8mm (Width of opening) Copper 24 gold-plated Spade Connectors.
• The ends finished with branded colour coded Red & Black (marked with arrows) directional heat shrinks.
AIRLOC a solder-free, airtight perfect fusion between the two metals of cable and plug. This ‘cold weld’ method allows the cable and plug to offer the optimum signal transfer and therefore, better sound quality. It also reduces contact resistance and ensures perfect long-term performance.
So what do I do with these jumper cables?
Well, almost all speakers come with standard grade copper jumpers (bare rails). For a quick and effective upgrade to your bi-wirable speakers simply remove the standard connectors bare rails and affix ours for instant Samba.
SAMBA improves on the performance of the highly awarded TWIST (Hi-Fi Choice 5 star, Hi-Fi World 5 Globes) and TWIRL in three important areas.
• SAMBA has much larger conductors and hence much lower impedance than TWIRL and TWIST due to its 3 sq mm conductor cross section, four times the cross section of TWIST and 20% greater than TWIRL.
• SAMBA has a thicker insulation (2mm) than TWIRL (1.5mm) and TWIST (1.2mm), resulting in lower ‘Transient Phase Distortion’ because the magnetic field generated by current in the wires reduces as distance between the wires increases.
• SAMBA uses silver plated copper conductors because the silver plating increases the musical detail and clarity over the conductors used in TWIRL and TWIST
There are a number of benefits in using SAMBA in systems where the quality of equipment justifies a higher grade cable.
• SAMBA is ideally suitable for long cable runs, having much lower impedance, and hence less signal loss than other comparable quality cables at a similar price point.
• SAMBA gives a very tight bass and very stable stereo images due to its low impedance enabling the amplifier to have better control of movement of the loudspeaker bass drivers.
• SAMBA gives even clearer diction of the words sung by massed choirs due to its lower ‘Transient Phase Distortion’.
SAMBA retains features that have enabled TWIST to win awards for sound quality in leading Hi-Fi magazines.
• SAMBA cable is twisted along its length, thus preventing the cable acting as a “loop aerial” for airborne radio frequency interference which can cause audible distortion to the sound quality.
• The positive and negative cores are connected in opposite directions. Experience shows that when cables are connected this way (and both cables are connected in the same direction) the noise floor between the musical notes lowers. This gives ‘blacker’ silences in the interval between musical notes and enhances reproduction of the musical edges and natural decays in music.
• Silicone rubber insulation is used because its low dielectric loss ensures extremely low distortion due to dielectric absorption effects in which sound energy is absorbed in the insulation and released at a later interval of time to create highly audible time-smearing distortion.
Testimonials from UK dealers who have already heard SAMBA
“Black Rhodium have done it again, building on the success of their twist loudspeaker cable, the Samba uses the same “twisted” configuration but instead utilizes heavy gauge silver plated copper wires and thicker insulation, the result is breathtaking. Graham Nalty the owner of Black Rhodium has responded to recent developments in the hi-fi cable industry by producing a wonderfully open sounding cable, bass extension has to be heard to be believed, overall a true heavyweight in the speaker cable world and made in the UK. It makes me proud to be British! “
REGARDING SIGMA PLUGS
We are proud with our new product and we believe it will improve the sound quality of any audio system.We offer designed to fit the 4mm amplifier and speaker terminal socket found on most high end audio separators such as Arcam, Linn, Quad and Naim amplifiers, these 4mm plugs are constructed from a gold plated red copper connector and the cable termination is by CRIMPING.This plugs is available in three different sizes and fits 2.8mm, 3.4mm and 4mm diameter cable and requires crimping with a heavy duty crimping tool to ensure consistently high levels of performance and connectivity regardless of the conductor cross-section, which has a very important effect on the transmission of a smooth signal and very low resistance unlike mostly available Brass plugs.The spring loaded pin section of the plug allows for optimal connection to the speaker or amplifier terminal socket.
We use professional electric and manual high quality crimping tools to terminated audio cables and we offer the possibility of terminating our products with these plugs.If you want to terminate your cables yourself you will need a crimping tool or you can contact your local Hi-Fi supplier.
Materials such as audio cables and its connections are a very important link in the entire Hi-Fi audio chain, which is why we decided to introduce new plugs, which are made of red copper and their surface is covered with gold, so that the signal flows clearly and without obstacles on the way.
We know metals such as brass or alloy are very contaminated so we want to explain it simply.
For example: a tube filled with hair restricts the flow of water more than a clean tube of the same shape and size.Likewise, electrons can flow freely and easily through a copper wire, but cannot flow so easily through a steel or brass wire of the same shape and size. The difference between copper and brass is related to their microscopic structure and electron configuration and is quantified by the property called resistivity.
Conductivity refers to the ability of a material to transfer energy. There are different types of conductivity, including electrical, thermal and acoustic conductivity. The most electrically conductive element is pure silver, followed by very close are copper and gold. Silver also has the highest thermal conductivity of all elements and the highest light reflectance.While it is the best conductor, copper and gold are more commonly used in electrical applications because copper is less expensive and gold has a much higher corrosion resistance.As silver tarnishes, it is less desirable at high frequencies as the outer surface becomes less conductive.
Brass has six times weaker conductivity than copper.
Brass oxides they are hard and highly contaminated, strongly adhering and act as an effective insulator, while copper oxides are softer and conductive. Therefore, connections and terminations of copper wires are almost the best conductor of electricity, unfortunately most of the available plugs on the market are made of brass.
Why did we name our plugs Sigma? because electrical conductivity is measured in Siemens per meter (S / m) and is commonly denoted by the Greek letter σ (Sigma).
IMPORTANT CUSTOMER NOTICE:
” We are sold the cables only by authorised dealers are covered by warranty “
• *100% High quality*
• *fully tested*
• *guarantee of quality*
• *We send all item/s within 1-2 days*
If you would like a different combination of spade connectors and banana plugs, or different cable lengths, please contact us. Please have a look at our other items, Any questions please contact us.Thanks for looking.